Is this finally going to be the year that I get my shit together? Probably not, but I’m going to try. I’ve planned out some challenges that I want to do every month for the whole year and we’re going to see how well I can stick to them.I was planning to do a self-care challenge in January. That has not gone well. I painted my nails on January 1st and I haven’t done anything since. We’re going to ignore that right now and I’m going to talk about some goals for 2020. I have written a few down here and there but I need to be more intentional and purposeful about completing them. This is a good exercise for anyone who is looking to make 2020 a great year. I don’t really do New Years Resolutions but I do believe strongly in planning and goal setting. I know that I also have a bucket list made but I feel like the bucket list sits there and if I’m not intentional about completing something specific on it, I never will. So here are some things I want to do in 2020:
- Save $500.00 every month. This basically means I transfer $500.00 from my chequing account into my savings account.
- Run a 5K. This is it. I have decided that this is the year that I will finally run a 5K. I’ve only been saying that I’m going to do it for years. I picked one out in June and convinced my boyfriend to run with me. Now I just need to get in shape…
- Donate old clothes. At the beginning of the year, my boyfriend and I went through our clothes and filled up 3 bags to donate. I wanted to pare down our possessions in anticipation of moving again (even if it’s not for a few more years). When the weather warms up I want to take those bags somewhere to donate.
- Donate Shoes I don’t wear. I have a shoe problem. I have so many pairs of shoes and boots that I used to wear in university but now that I work an office job I can’t wear the same shoes that I did before. I wear the same 3 pairs all year. It’s time to trim down the collection.
- Turn the spare room into a functional office space. We have a second bedroom that is cluttered. It’s not majorly cluttered but it’s cluttered enough that I don’t love to spend a ton of time in there. I started on it in December and I am determined to turn it into a beautiful space.
- Go for walks in the summer at least 3 days a week. We have a beautiful neighborhood and I really need to appreciate it more. Now that we’re in the heart of winter I am really missing warm days. As soon as the temperature gets above freezing again, I’m going to start walking.
- Try out a new hobby each month. Recently I’ve been feeling like I don’t know what to do with my free time. I really want to pick up a hobby that I can potentially turn into a business. I want to find something I’m passionate about and I think the best way to do that is just to try everything!
I definitely want to try to make the most of 2020 but I’m at a bit of a loss on how to do that. I think that a big problem I have right now is that I have lost a lot of hobbies that I enjoyed earlier in my life. I think that by trying out a new hobby each month I can try to find something I enjoy again. There are a lot of things that I enjoy but I want to find something that I love so much that I forget to eat, forget to sleep, and lose all track of time while I’m doing it. I think that constitutes a good hobby.
The purpose of this post isn’t supposed to be “new year new me”. This post is about just trying to better yourself. You don’t need to go cray with resolutions or goals.
Thanks so much for reading my blog! If you are enjoying my content please follow my blog for more posts!